Saturday & Sunday 7th & 8th May 2016
Yes it’s almost here again – our annual SSWAC Funday, held again on two days due to popular demand!
Venue: SSWAC HQ in Godalming from 10.00 to 16.00
Activities include: Raft building, Open canoeing, Kayaking, Stand-up Paddle Boarding (the latest must do water sport!) and the day will end with the famous SSWAC Cardboard boat race!
- Age: 9+ years
- Cost: £15 per person
- All groups must be accompanied by one of their leaders
- All attendees must be able to swim (ref: Stage 1 cub swimmers badge)
- Bring own lunch and drinks
- Boaters will get wet – bring suitable clothing and footwear and a warm change of clothes!
- Unit leaders will be asked to help man the raft building activities
Cardboard Canoe Race Info and Rules:
Cardboard boats can only be made from cardboard and tape – no paint allowed! Also no more than 40% of the surface of the boats may be covered by tape or waterproofing!! As many boats can be entered per group attending – but they must be brought to the event already constructed, and all material taken away after the event. You must also bring/make paddles to power and steer your craft!
Groups booked in on a first come first served basis – numbers are limited to 10 participants per unit!
All payments to be received, in full, before end of March 2016 to confirm your places, otherwise they will be offered to another group on the waiting list.
Hope to see you there!