- This event has passed.
Essential Information (Module 1) in Crawley
October 7 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
This course covers the mandatory learning for all new and returning adults in Scouting and is an introduction to the specific Scouting view of current information on:
- Purpose, Values and Method of The Scout Association (the Fundamentals of Scouting)
- Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR)
- The Scout Association’s Child Protection Policy and your role in protecting young people from harm
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- The Safety Policy and your role in keeping Scouting safe
- Support available to help you in your Scouting role
Please note: there is a more appropriate course available for Trustees and Active Support if you are not directly involved working with children on a regular basis.
Dress code: Confortable clothing – uniform is not required.
Please advise your Local Training Manager or Training Adviser of your plan to attend as this system does not.
No preparation required although registering to use Compass would be an advantage.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Lunch: may be provided for anyone spending the day, attending Module 3 in the afternoon. So, please let me know if you are staying and if you have any special dietary needs. Please book the Module 3 separately.
There will be a £10 charge for leaders from outside of Crawley District.
Course delivered by: Chris Hobbs, Local Training Manager, Crawley District. email@example.com