- This event has passed.
First Aid (Module 10), Crawley
24/11/2018 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
This course covers the requirements for Module 10 and those needing to refresh their First Aid onlgoing learning. Topics covered includes;
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)
It is also suitable for Young Leaders, via the District Explorer Scout Commissioner for Young Leaders.
The course is very practical, with participants taking turn to react as first aiders, dealing with casualties in Scout-like scenarios inside and out.
Dress code: Non-uniform, warm comfortable activity clothing.
Preparation: none required, although please bring your scouting first aid manual if your are refreshing learning.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided. Please advise if you are likely to be allergic to anything.
Lunch: Please bring your own lunch.
Course delivered by: Vernon Cowdell.
Enquiries: Christine Hobbs, Local Training Manager for Crawley. firstname.lastname@example.org
NB Please advise your LTM/TA of your plan to attend if you are not in Crawley District as this system does not advise them. Compass will be updated after attendance by Crawley LTM.