- This event has passed.
Tools for the Role (Module 3) in Crawley
07/10/2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This course is aimed at Section Leaders and Section Assistants in Scouting. It aims to provide you with basic information to work with the section you support. Subjects covered include:
- the main features of the section you support, and how it fits into Scouting.
- the roles and responsibilities that different people undertake during a section meeting.
- the use of different activities and games and why they are important in Scouting and to explore a variety of programme ideas.
- the importance of youth shaped Scouting in the planning and running of the programme.
- the tools that can help with managing behaviour within the section you are supporting.
Dress code: Comfortable clothing – uniform is not required.
Bring: Adult Personal File if you have one.
Please advise your LTM/TA of your plan to attend as this system does not advise them.
This session is provided mainly for Crawley scouters but other Districts are welcome. We will need to charge a £5 fee, cash on the day, to cover materials.
No preparation required although registering to use Compass would be an advantage.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Course delivered by: Chris Hobbs, Local Training Manager, Crawley District. email@example.com