If you are planning a trip abroad, one of the first things you need to do is contact ACC (International) for a Travel Abroad form. firstname.lastname@example.org . You will also find it useful to check out the Scout Association Guidance on planning a trip abroad, that can be found here.
Whilst planning your trip, you may find the Globe Trekker tool from the Scout Association useful.
If you are planning on taking a Minibus abroad, you will find this factsheet useful, as it has the UK guidance on minibuses abroad in it.
Funding Your Overseas Trip
Overseas trips do not have to be expensive, however they often cost substatially more than a summer camp in the UK. There are a number of ways to fund an overseas trip, as half of the fun of the experience is fundraising rather than relying solely on parental contributions to cover the cost. With this in mind, here are a few possible ideas for fundraising for your overseas trips.
- Have a read of the Scout Association fact sheet on fundraising, this includes information about the HQ International Fund.
- Contact your District Executive Committee,
- Make use of the County Travel Grants that are available, further guidance on writing an application for a County Travel Grant can be found here.
- Get your young people and their parents involved in fundraising, this could be done through forming a fundraising committee if your trip involves a large number of young people. It will also reduce the amount of work the trip orgnisers are doing themselves.
- Contact the County International Team for further advice.
Send a message: