The Purpose of The School is to:-
- Provide sailing, pulling & powerboat instruction, assessment and testing to the requirements of the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) for all Members of West Sussex Scouts.
- Organise courses for giving Leaders the opportunity to achieve appropriate RYA qualifications.
- Organise courses for giving Young People the opportunity to achieve appropriate RYA qualifications.
- All Courses are to be run in accordance with both the latest copy of Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) of the Scout Association & the latest relevant Scout Association Headquarters produced Fact Sheets.
- Produce an annual programme of Courses and to publish this appropriately (including, but not limited to, he County newsletter, website and by printed copies distributed within the County).
- If requested, or when a point of urgent attention is made, The School will consider suggestions and recommend comments to be made to the National Headquarters of The Scout Association via the Assistant County Commissioner (Activities) and / or County Commissioner, on the classification of all inland, river and coastal waters within West Sussex for publication in any national directory or for any other purpose.